The start of the fall semester is just a few weeks away and we hope you are excited to resume - or begin! - your studies at the University of Guelph. While this promises to be a semester like no other we have experienced before, we look forward to providing the outstanding teaching and learning experience for which U of G is known. We're ready for you, Gryphons!
During the coming weeks, you will receive regular Set for September updates from U of G to help you prepare for your classes and experiences this fall. Be sure to review this information to learn about tools for your success and how we can help keep our community safe and healthy together.
Services this Fall
One of the most important ways we can reduce the spread of COVID-19 is by maintaining physical distance from others. With that in mind, our on-campus work and study spaces and building access will be reduced. Many services will be scaled-back or delivered in different ways this fall. If you don't need to be on campus, please consider staying home to help keep our community safe.
While face-to-face services may be reduced, you can still access many U of G supports online:
- USHINE from Student Wellness - Unlock your potential! Establish healthy lifestyle habits with support from peer mentors. Get help with healthy eating, kicking bad habits, managing stress and more.
- Gryphons Nest - First-year students: Get to know your Gryphon Family! Online mentors will help you build connections with other first-year students in your academic program. Learn more about Gryphons Nest by logging in to STARTonline.ca.
- GryphLife - Your one-stop connection to student clubs and associations that are running online programs this year. Many clubs are active on Microsoft Teams.
- International Student Experience - International students: Find academic and personal supports to help you make the most of your time at U of G!
Information on services at the McLaughlin Library and from Athletics will be provided in the next two weeks.
The following on-campus dining options will be available as of Sept. 3:
- University Centre
- Chef's Hall options: Tim Horton's, The Grill House, Pizza Pizza, Mom's Kitchen, Nature's Best, Needa Pita
- Brass Taps (dine-in)
- Lennox Addington - LA Cafe - including Starbucks
- East Side Cafe and Grocery (grab-and-go)
- Second Cup - College and Gordon location (grab-and-go)
- OVC Cafe (grab-and-go)
- Gryph N' Grille
- The Bullring (Opening Sept. 10 for grab-and-go service)
Visit the Hospitality Services website for their food and retail shopping hours of operation. Visit the UC Services website for Brass Taps Pub and building information.
More info on the availability of dine-in seating in the University Centre and in other dining spots will be available soon.
Students purchasing textbooks from the University Bookstore must place their order online and book an appointment to pick it up.
Alternatively, you can have your course materials shipped to you. The Bookstore offers free shipping within Canada and standard shipping charges internationally.
Learn more on the University Bookstore website.
The following buildings will be open to provide study space to students:
- University Centre
- McLaughlin Library
Information on building hours, booking space and a complete list of study spaces will be available soon.
Keep in mind that, following government directives, building capacities will be reduced. When using these study spaces, please follow signage indicating available seating and maintain physical distance from others.
Some campus buildings will be accessible only during scheduled classes and only to students and instructors registered in those classes.
Residence buildings will be accessible only to students living in those buildings. No guests or visitors are allowed in residence buildings at this time.
More information on classroom and building access will be available soon via these Set for September emails and the University's Return to Campuses website.
More to Come
Stay up-to-date with the University's Return to Research framework and learn how its protocols apply to you.
Watch your uoguelph.ca email account for further updates on what to expect in the physical and online classroom, safety measures on campus, face coverings, library and athletic services, ways to connect with your Gryphon family and more. We're Set for September!